TOMAS KARLSSON started his career in Falkenberg and continued in the National Swedish Team with his fellow, the also Swedish, Stefan Edberg. A professional player since 1987. He won numerous national and international titles from his junior days and has become a tennis veteran.
His tennis coaching career started in 1983 in his hometown club "Falkenbergs Tennisklubb" working for the Halland and Stockholm Tennis Federation in Sweden. This happened right before he left his country and come to Spain as a professional player 1987.
In 1991 the Tomas Karlsson Tennis Academy, also known as Tomastennis, was founded, nowadays placed at RESERVA DEL HIGUERON – SPORTS CLUB in Fuengirola, Spain. He coaches players at all levels, including Professional ATP. Tomas has Swedish, American (USPTA) and Spanish titles and he is a active member of RPT (Spanish Registro Profesional de Tenis) as Tennis Director).
- Understanding the relacion between a relax body, muscle and mental control (Easy tennis ).
- Belief that the beginners need to have the best teachers.
- Coordination comes with the practice of different sports together with muscle strength combined with flexibility
- Tennis has to be taught according to every individuals posibilities at each moment and gradually progress with it depending on their mental and physical evolution.
The tennis school has several types of programs:
- Minitennis: 3-6 years & 5-8 years
- Beginners: All ages, depending on there level and matureness
- Advanced: All ages, depending on there level and matureness
- Competition: All ages . All students are tested before they enter in this groups.This program offers special training on all the diferent surfaces and transport to the tournaments.
- All ages.
- Open for the student who wants to dedicate his life to tennis and looking for a professional carrer.
- This program offers special training on all the diferent surfaces as well as transport to the tournaments.
- SPARRING PROGRAM
- All ages
- All ages
- Strength and Conditioning
- Mental Conditioning
- Nutritional Counseling
- Sports Massage Therapy
- College Placement Program
- Video Analysis
More at tomastennis .